PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Spot to Set-Mine? - 50NL Cash Game Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Spot to Set-Mine? - 50NL Cash Game Hand

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...171_9074DD8CF0

3 bet caler is a fish playing 38/15

If he didn't call i would fold but as we have him in the pot i think i have to call?
    Wrong play, after?
    Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jul 29, 2014, 03:05 PM. Reason: Inserted Boom Replay

Hi rudar,

Firstly, the most likely action for our sets will come from the preflop raiser, so you can't be completely discounting this player from the preflop read. I'm not sure if you did or didn't in game tbh, as you said if it were heads up you would have folded pre... but a good evaluation of set mining profitability should include his info none the less when asking here.

All that being said, having a loose fish cold calling certainly adds to the value of our set mining profitability, making this an easy $3 call to set mine either way.

Post flop is played perfectly, nh!

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Firstly i would say opening 22 here is too loose. i would advise 66+ in this position! your play as above was fine. but if you do continue to open this wide it will become difficult to show a profit!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.