PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fullring Zoom 2NL - Pocket eights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullring Zoom 2NL - Pocket eights

Hi guys, Villain 5 over 343 hands has been playing VP 18 PR 12 AG 2.1 3B 1.7 CB 60.0 Villain 7 over 130 hands VP 13 PR 7 AG 1.8 3B 2.2 CB 100.0 Do you think my call was ok? or is it possible to find a fold here? Thanks a lot!

The call pre is fine. The flop is really tricky. When nitty villain pots it, he/she has AQ at minimum. I'm kinda tempted to just call, to see if the EP player comes along. Raising is by no means terrible, as it should chase away draws, but when the EP villain shoves, you're in bad shape. When the PFR reshoves, you're in a horrible spot. You're almost certainly losing to at least one, if not both, of these players, and with bottom set you're drawing almost dead if over-setted.
    In nit-ring, I think it's a fold now, especially if it's Zoom. It's a long time since I played full ring, and I only managed to get away from a set on the flop a couple of times, but I like to think this would be one of those spots. Getting nearly 400bb in the middle in a multiway pot with bottom set is probably not the best idea. With the stacks being so deep, I think you probably need middle set or better to stack off in this situation.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.