PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I play this correctly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I play this correctly?

Hi guys,
    sorry I don't have a replay but it's very short all PF play.

I opened 2.5x from early with 99
    Got one caller, got 4-bet from 0.05 to 0.20.
    All else folded.
    I folded to the 4-bet.

Was this a correct lay down?
    Turns out the re-raiser had AKo, and the caller had AQo.
    Although a small favourite to win (with no way to know this), should I have continued to the flop?

Something doesn't sound right here. Was the bet a 3-bet or a 4-bet (4 bet would be a raise of your bet, then another re-raise). What were the stacks for everyone? How many hands were the opps playing?

It could be a fold, it could be a raise or a call... it depends on the answers to the above questions.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The stake was 2NL.
      9 players
      all stacked between 1 - 3 $

I may be mistaken on my terminology of 3-bet + 4-bet.
      I opened with a raise of 0.05$, and got re-raised to a total of 0.20$

I purposely chose an aggressive table, one where there were high #'s of players entering the pot with high avg pot sizes.

Comment

to determine it.. I'd need the exact stacks. When looking at a hand, this is critical info, especially when looking at whether setmining can be profitable.

If everyone does not have 15x the bet in their stacks... then calling is NOT an option.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.