PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Reads - 57 Offsuit in Big Blind - Any Thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reads - 57 Offsuit in Big Blind - Any Thoughts?

[replay hand_id=723874 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=B34449F23A]

Played on a 0.25 sng tournament

Unless you flop trips or a straight check-fold post-flop

Raiser

Comment

I think the check on the river could also maybe have been a small bet, I think you will get value from any ace or pocket pair at this level. If a re-raise comes in you can comfortably fold assuming they have a 6.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I actually like the idea of leading the flop here with two pair.. BUT... the bet has to be a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, I need to bet 463.

When the opp calls the flop bet, I'm check/folding every street after, unless my hand improves. When I hit the bottom end of a full house on the river, I'm going to make a thin value bet of between 1/3 and 1/2 pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.