PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicker Problem-180 man SnG Tournament Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicker Problem-180 man SnG Tournament Hand

i was so worried that my opponent had a better kicker, so i check the turn, and fold if my opponent make a large bet. His small bet makes me believe he didn't have ace so i move all in. Tough decision when you don't have much chips left

What type of tourney is this from and what info do you have on the other players?

the tourney type will dramatically affect my answer.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

180 players sng

Comment

Hi a329958516! With AJ and a limp in front of me, if I'm going to play the hand, I want to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. There are too many players behind me to limp and my hand plays worse, the more that are in the pot with me. When someone behind me raises and it gets called I need to muck. AJ is strong enough to raise with, but not to call a raise out of position when someone else has already called. When I flop trip aces and the first opp checks, I will make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 270. I do not want to bet less than this or I can be giving an opp with spades the correct odds to outdraw me.. if I do so and lose, it'll be my own fault that I lose the hand. On the turn, I once again need to bet 2/3 pot.. BUT... this bet will be over 1/3 of my stack, which means that I'm pot-committed and cannot fold if I make the bet. Due to this, I will shove the turn! When playing a hand, I always want to make all of my bets and raises standard, so that they tell a consistent story throughout the hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Betting the turn is better than double check-raising here imo, although there are not enough hands that could stand big value bet here. Like two pair hand would be bottom of their range if villains call you standard Vbet on the turn. Bet sizing seems fine with your stack. And yeah, what tourney is this?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.