PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Habitual Button Raiser - 2NL Cash Game Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habitual Button Raiser - 2NL Cash Game Hand

this guy raise the button 2 times in a row, is my raise OTF is correct? or just call?
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...289_7DA905A0D5

Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Jul 24, 2014, 12:36 PM. Reason: Inserted Boom Hand

The fact that he often bet from BTN is just a sign of a thinking player...

Defending your blind with A4o is deffo an possibility but I would 3bet bigger. The 10 extra will always be called by hands that beat you, and only be folded by hands that do not. You are filtering out the worst part of his range now

Comment

If you are going to defend against the button you should be thinking either to 3bet or fold as your are OOP in the hand. Calling, especially with this hand in the blinds against a BTN raise will be -ev, especially for begginers at least. It is not going to be nice postflop if you just call the btn's raise preflop when sat in the blinds, as you will be OOP of position and won't have the initiative. Raise on the flop correct? not sure to be honest. If you call, you will keep the worse hands in villains range on the turn. By raising, villain will potentially fold out his worse hands and only continue with better. If you are doing it as a bluff hoping to take down the pot there and then and not want to play further streets then I guess you could, but if he continues I am folding for sure. Cheers, Matt umbup:

Comment

thanksumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by pullin1988 View Post
          If you are going to defend against the button you should be thinking either to 3bet or fold as your are OOP in the hand. Calling, especially with this hand in the blinds against a BTN raise will be -ev, especially for begginers at least. It is not going to be nice postflop if you just call the btn's raise preflop when sat in the blinds, as you will be OOP of position and won't have the initiative. Raise on the flop correct? not sure to be honest. If you call, you will keep the worse hands in villains range on the turn. By raising, villain will potentially fold out his worse hands and only continue with better. If you are doing it as a bluff hoping to take down the pot there and then and not want to play further streets then I guess you could, but if he continues I am folding for sure. Cheers, Matt umbup:
          Funny, the handreplayer shows a totally different situation to me. I saw a min 3bet pre...ergo my remark: 3bet bigger I now see the same hand as Matt, and agree strongly that flatcalling from SB with A4o is a bad idea. Its a useless hand most of the time that is easily dominated by other Ax and you are OOP. I wouldnt raise on the flop eighter. So basically: listen to Matt

Comment

Hang on - lol

I now see a min 3bet. rkleefstra I think you are right. If you did min 3bet ignore what I have said.

Something weird is happening to the replayer - lol

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Either 3bet the hand or fold, but don't call. That said, as the games are very passive @ 2nl, I would rather fold the hand anyway. However, I think you played it quite well. As said, make the raise bigger if you find yourself in that situation again.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.