PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl Zoom - 33

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl Zoom - 33

Hi guys, Could you please analyse my hands below. No stats on villain. Cheers, Matt umbup:

Super ugly spot.

Not sure if this is a good spot to donkbet OTF...
    Turn: well played
    River: easy fold with a big sigh...

Comment

Cheers,

I called the turn hoping to boat up!

rkleefstra, just wanted to thank you fro taking the time to look at everyone's hand.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by pullin1988 View Post
        Cheers,

I called the turn hoping to boat up!

rkleefstra, just wanted to thank you fro taking the time to look at everyone's hand.

Cheers,

Matt
        TY, but I just saying what I would do. Don't ever take that as the best way to do it !
        If I knew that, I wouldnt be here

Comment

At the microstakes I always play these hands super straightforward. When you hit your set on the flop and there's already two cards of the same suit: bet! Especially with the 4.5x open, I expect him to have a KQ/AK/AA/KK sort of hand. Most of the opponents with King/x + club draws will call you. Even if they don't call you all the way to the river, it's still better to make them pay for trying to get that flush.

Comment

Hi Lovehouse888,

I didn't bet the flop, because I am in the habit of checking to the preflop raiser. I can see why in these situation donk betting could be idea! like you said because of the draw, villain could raise the flop donk bet with an overpair, etc, so that I can get value with my set, etc. If the draws completes on the turn where it has been checked, then this could kill my action.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Normally, in that sort of spot (calling + OOP), I like to check raise, but I also like to bet out, too. Unfortunately, I don't think there was much you could do there but fold. I think you played it well.

Comment

It's played OK. I'd only donkbet if I suspect the PFR will not c-bet. If he's inclined to c-bet (and this is a good board to do so), then I go for a big check-raise, and I'm happy however villains responds. (It's sometimes OK if villain folds away his equity when you have a set).
                As played is fine. Call the turn raise with 10 outs and implied odds, but always fold when you miss the river.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

chek call the flop call the turn fold the river theres only one way to play it in a zoom believe me

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.