PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50NL ZOOM, KQo IP turn play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50NL ZOOM, KQo IP turn play

OMG... 50NL is full of "strange" players. Question, without being results oriented. (You'll see what this guy does OTR...) I get myself into these types of spots quite a bit. I don't know what the optimal line to take here is. Do we shove over his XR? Do we just call as played and call on almost all rivers? Does our decision change whether we are IP or OOP? (155 hands): 28/26/3.4

Hi dirt,

I like calling the turn x/r. We are calling 10 more with 24 in the pot and 36 behind so implied odds we have are 6-1... which is important because in villains eyes (if he considers odds) we can be bet/calling turn with a draw and there are a number of draws out there we could take this action with. So by calling with our actual hand strength we protect our turn bet/calling range (which will be draw heavy) and allow him to follow through with bluffs and thin value bets otr. And if he's x/r a hand like AA to punish floats and draws, it is probably planning to fold to a turn shove quite often, and he may well check/call blank rivers to bluff catch our busted draws allowing us to get more value in those scenarios.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Really see no reason to shove. All we do is give him an opportunity to fold hands worse than us. He may also desperation bluff a missed draw otr.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.