PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

Played on 0.25 sit and go

Being in position, when it checks to me on the flop, if I want to take a shot at the pot, I need to make a standard bet (3/4 pot with 3 opps). I don't want to bet more, I don't want to bet less and it's more believable if it's on the flop.

To represent an A, I need to bet the flop, not the turn, as an A will bet the flop.

By betting the turn, the only thing that the turn 5 could have helped would be another 5.. but also, when everyone else checks, a 5 will bet the flop.. so the turn overbet ends up being exactly what it is.. an overbet bluff (with 66 turned into a bluff).

When I want to make a bluff, I need to take a consistent line in the hand that makes sense all the way thru. Also, in these sng's early, bluffing is not a good play, as there are too many calling stations in them that don't own a fold button.

Don't bluff and when you hit a made hand, value bet them to death is how to win consistently in them.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.