PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared of a Set - 2NL Cash Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared of a Set - 2NL Cash Game

i stop betting on the turn because i was scared that someone got a set and for pot control purpose?
    should i bet the turn? if yes, how much should i bet?
    or just check the turn and fold the river?
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...056_1590EB9F31

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Jul 19, 2014, 03:39 PM.

Don't be scared that they may have a set. It is a possibility and your opponent will let you know by check / raising at some point. Here in this spot maybe they are scared you have hearts for instance. I would bet the J turn 40c or more if you want. Your opponent may not understand they need 11-1 on their gut shot draw. OK, so they hit the miracle card now did we have a plan to give up to a donk bet on the river? Or if they check and we bet give up to a raise? Lots to learn here at PSO so don't be too hard on yourself. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
      Don't be scared that they may have a set. It is a possibility and your opponent will let you know by check / raising at some point. Here in this spot maybe they are scared you have hearts for instance. I would bet the J turn 40c or more if you want. Your opponent may not understand they need 11-1 on their gut shot draw. OK, so they hit the miracle card now did we have a plan to give up to a donk bet on the river? Or if they check and we bet give up to a raise? Lots to learn here at PSO so don't be too hard on yourself. umbup:
      thanksumbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.