PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL FR, JJ facing squeeze & Cbet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL FR, JJ facing squeeze & Cbet

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

CO ($6.06)
    Hero (Button) ($5)
    SB ($5.31)
    BB ($5.32)
    UTG ($5.30)
    UTG+1 ($9.11)
    MP1 ($5.09)
    MP2 ($6.49)
    MP3 ($5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
    3 folds, MP2 raises $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, SB raises $0.58, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.40) 9, K, 9 (2 players)
    SB bets $0.89,

Have some history with MP2 so I decided to just call as he is pretty tight from EP and MP.

SB has a 19/19 over 45 hands, he has 3bet several times and squeezed twice.
    I thought about 4betting him but 45 hands just isnt a large enough sample to put faith in his 3bet and sqeeze stats.

Would you have played preflop differently?
    On the flop what line should I take facing his Cbet?
    Bracelet Winner

Bump.... Anyone?... Bueller...... Bueller.....
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Um... Call? what are we doing? set mining with Jacks?

Comment

Well, preflop I was IP and I thought I might be ahead. If I 4bet I probably only make him fold most of the range Im beating, so I opted to call.
        On the flop, Im still beat by the top of his range and any Kx he squeezed with. However since he squeezed, he cbets almost most everytime here improved or not.....
        Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 04:58 PM.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

What's his 3bet percentage and cbet percentage. Two key stats when having to decided. Without any reads i think this is a very easy XC and then our life may or may not get difficult OTT.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.