PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket 7's - Did I Play the Turn Right? - 50NL Cash Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket 7's - Did I Play the Turn Right? - 50NL Cash Games

I feel like I played the turn poorly here. Maybe I played the whole hand bad? Maybe X/Calling a shove OTT is best? Please comment.
    Last edited by dirt eh; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 10:22 PM.

Hi dirt,

I think you played the hand fine preflop and on the flop. Turn just move him all in imo... he's only got a pot sized bet left, and is clearly interested in continuing the hand since he called the large check-raise otf.

X/c turn is super bad imo, so many holdings would benefit from a free card, don't trust him to not be smart enough to take it when offered.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wouldn't it be a pointless play for him to ship an over pair though?

Unless your raising flop with over pairs that can have a club or his 3bet range is so wide that your bluffing the flop a ton and he can then flat flop jam turn with backdoor clubs?

Just a thought that popped into my head when i saw the hand.

Comment

Why this is good pre flop? Because we are deep? Is this play in full ring bad when we are 100bb?

Comment

Made me have a ponder on the pre call to set mine 77. Rounded it up to call $4 we are happy with two stacks and just looking at the short stack $4 x 10 = $40, $4 x 20 = $80, so OK sorted 20-1 implied odds.

I'm still not happy with on average over cards being dealt on the flop, then doing back flips / fist pumps when we hit our set.

Great to x/r, but in my head the bet is going to be big. But how big? Maybe $28 to charge what range? The stats look aggressive to me - do they fold over pairs or nut draws? Nice hand sir 88.

My guts are with getting it in on the flop - but probably missed value. The half pot turn bet is just asking for trouble when a club hits. But hey they don't have it all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rudar47 View Post
            Why this is good pre flop? Because we are deep? Is this play in full ring bad when we are 100bb?
            Yes. 22-1 implied odds (20 from his stack and 2 that are in the pot already) means he has enough chips. Hyper-aggressive stats means we have a realistic expectation of realizing a bunch of those implied odds when we do flop a set.

On 100bb it may not be quite enough, we'd be getting more like 12-1 vs. an over aggro guy it's close. He may size his 3b differently too though, so it would depend.

The ability to realize the implied odds are key, not just having them. Vs. a nitty player for example, even 22-1 would be marginal (or 50-1 for that matter) because he wouldn't give it up often enough.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.