PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving me Crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving me Crazy

I posted this in bad beats but can some one please explain this hand to me..

Table 'Whirlpool' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: STiiLLiN1 ($31.29 in chips)
    Seat 2: InstallFaKe ($25.45 in chips)
    Seat 3: Fish burnr ($13.81 in chips)
    Seat 4: Straylight82 ($39.55 in chips)
    Seat 5: cusirc ($25.99 in chips)
    Seat 6: thejericho2 ($34.47 in chips)
    Seat 7: little sidhe ($26.10 in chips)
    Seat 8: DOUGLAS _ALI ($23.25 in chips)
    Seat 9: chivocapo ($49.02 in chips)
    InstallFaKe: posts small blind $0.10
    Fish burnr: posts big blind $0.25
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Fish burnr [6d Ad]
    Straylight82: raises $0.50 to $0.75
    cusirc: folds
    thejericho2: folds
    little sidhe: folds
    DOUGLAS _ALI: folds
    chivocapo: folds
    STiiLLiN1: folds
    InstallFaKe: folds
    Fish burnr: calls $0.50
    *** FLOP *** [2d Td Kd]
    Fish burnr: checks
    Straylight82: bets $0.94
    Fish burnr: raises $0.94 to $1.88
    Straylight82: raises $3.27 to $5.15
    Fish burnr: raises $7.91 to $13.06 and is all-in
    Straylight82: calls $7.91
    *** TURN *** [2d Td Kd] [7c]
    *** RIVER *** [2d Td Kd 7c] [Tc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Fish burnr: shows [6d Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
    Straylight82: shows [7d 7s] (a full house, Sevens full of Tens)
    Straylight82 collected $26.47 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $27.72 | Rake $1.25
    Board [2d Td Kd 7c Tc]
    Seat 1: STiiLLiN1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: InstallFaKe (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: Fish burnr (big blind) showed [6d Ad] and lost with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 4: Straylight82 showed [7d 7s] and won ($26.47) with a full house, Sevens full of Tens
    Seat 5: cusirc folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: thejericho2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: little sidhe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: DOUGLAS _ALI folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: chivocapo folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Hi, In what way do you want it explained. For instance, are you wondering why you lost the hand, or do you want someone to analyse your play? I would fold this hand preflop. I just looked in the bad beat section, and yes you were around a 97% favourite to win the hand. This hand is similar to one that I played where I had AKs. I 3bet preflop and villain called. I went all-in on the flop with the nut flush, and villain called the all-in. He made a set on the turn with his pocket 66s, and the board paired on the river exactly like what happened to you. This has only ever happened to me once. But you got to remember that he is going to win around 3% of the time. No matter how in-probable. It's just sick when this happens; I know because it pi**ed me off to! And if you play a lot of poker, you are pretty much bound to see this happen sooner or later. Just got to forget about it. Cheers, Matt umbup:
    Last edited by pullin1988; Tue Jul 08, 2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah just wondering why he makes the reraise basically i was pissed to say the least two over pair out there and he's all in, it's just sick..

I feel slightly better it has happened to some one else. and it's not just me..

I don't understand his move there at all.. is what gets me..

I played it pretty much perfect..

Comment

In a way though, if you want to make money, you want villains to make mistakes, that's how you will profit.

I want to get all in on the flop every single time I have the nut flush on the flop where I have the best hand.

But hey, variance keeps the fish at the tables.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by pullin1988 View Post
          Hi, In what way do you want it explained. For instance, are you wondering why you lost the hand, or do you want someone to analyse your play? I would fold this hand preflop. Matt umbup:
          Originally posted by Fish burnr View Post
          I don't understand his move there at all.. is what gets me.. I played it pretty much perfect..
          I'm with pulling and letting this hand go pre-flop, if I don't have a read on the villain and it seems like you don't then err on the side of caution. Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well Burner this has happened to everyone at some point. For a constructive view of this. First of all what did you put this player on for a hand? 2nd of all, were they tight, loose, somewhere in between?

I mean normally I would say A6s is a fold in the BB when a raise comes from UTG. Not to say you would all the time if you had a read on your opponent, but usually I would fold.

Now that said, with the flop that came, you got your opponent to put it all-in on the flop with by far the worst of it. That's all you can do in poker.

So, I have to ask, what did you put them on and how would you describe their playing style?

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.