PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flop Fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flop Fold?

Hi all I’m looking over some on my hands from last month and this one come up. I’m wondering whether I should have folded on the flop here. The V stats are 22/14 with AF 6 over 51 hands Thanks Michael

Since I'm out of position, especially if the opps are passive, I'm raising preflop to get value and to have the lead in the hand.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah, as above, I'd definitely be raising pre. Make them pay to see a flop. If I wasn't in the blinds but was UTG or UTG+1, I'd be folding A 10 off suit. In fact, sometimes I'll even let this hand go until around the hijack or CO.
      Last edited by Shodan388; Sun Jul 06, 2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I would fold this in early positions but as played should I have called the flop?

Comment

River is a snap fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Michae2005 View Post
            I would fold this in early positions but as played should I have called the flop?
            We have decent equity on the flop with a gutshot backdoor flush and overcards. We are ahead of most of this guys range(we need to raise preflop to narrow his range) im never folding, x/c x/r dependant on villain stats.
            Calling the turn to such a small amount is pretty close with the paired board but I probably would.
            Only 1 move on the river unless hes a maniac.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Agree with others about preflop.
              I'd be calling flop and turn. Its very hard to see worse hands than yours betting turn smallish and shoving the river.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.