PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand about the Micromillions ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand about the Micromillions ME

Hey

I decided to upload this about the Micromillions ME. So I had around 200 BB and was dealt A3 of spades. I Did not have much information about the player at this point.

How would you played this hand? I thought I could call the pre-flop raise because I had position, a big stack and the SB may have raised wider because he wanted to defense his blinds. I decided to call the flop and the turn, but the river made me not sure about my hand. In this spot I thought he could have a King or a higher pocket pair, which me made fold actually.
    Bracelet Winner

For me, pre-flop is marginal but would have leaned towards a fold unless you knew he re-steals often. You're the only one who has him covered making it more likely he has a hand. I think calling the flop is ok to see if he double barrels, but after the turn bet I'd definitely fold. Maybe a raise on the flop would have given you more information to know what to do with the turn bet.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For me, I'm going to definitely open A3s, but when I get 3-bet, I'm going to muck preflop.

If I'm going to play the hand with A3s and turn a full house, I need to be ready to at least call, if not raise.

The only way I'm folding is if the SB is a total nit.. in which case I absolutely need to fold to the preflop 3-bet.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. Watching it back I think it was indeed better to just fold after the re-raise.

@Plasticpearl: could you give a reason why you would fold the turn? (because I still have a FH on the turn)
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.