PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

Presuming he had a ACE, you are a slight dog (47%) to make the nut flush and therefore have the correct odds to make the call.
    I can see why you didn't want to risk everything on a fli but why bet out in the first place if the plan is to then fold?

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i had 9 outs to the flush so how it is 47% if he had an ace' i had 36 % isnt ?

2nd' would a check on the flop would have been better ?

Comment

I have to be honest I put your hand into pokerstove and gave him all the Aces It comes out as 47% as you still have 2 cards to hit your flush Plus 2 pair or trips gives you a near coin toss.

Hopefully someone better at math can confirm for us.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

IF this is from a league game (please always post where the hand comes from, as different tourney types have different strategies).

In a league game, I'm fine with opening K8s from the SB, but I cannot bet the flop. Yes, I have a draw, but in a league game, I only want to be betting made hands. Anything else is a leak of chips that will cost me league points.

If the opp then bets the flop, I can only call if I have the correct pot odds to continue, as I cannot take chances.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.