PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 SH - facing check-shove with str8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 SH - facing check-shove with str8

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4.80 (96 bb)
    Hero (BB): $9.75 (195 bb)
    UTG: $12.67 (253.4 bb)
    MP: $5.82 (116.4 bb)
    CO: $6.99 (139.8 bb)
    BTN: $9.28 (185.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
    4 folds, SB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) J T K (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.50) 9 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $1.05, SB raises to $4.05 and is all-in, Hero calls $3

River: ($9.60) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

villain 30/18/8.3 AF of 3 sb steal of 40%, fold to 3b 25%. Thoughts?

I'd much rather x/c this hand. We got decent equity but it's very middling in hand strength.

As played I think it's fine.

Comment

I like checking back the flop too, in order to call all non-club turns and rivers, or bet them yourself.

As played, the turn bet is bit on the large size, since it's hard to get called by worse. I think you have to stack off though, although the equity balance is probably quite close. You chop with random Qx hands, are well ahead of two pairs/sets, worse straights, and the naked Ac, but you're drawing dead against AQ (a very likely hand, given pre-flop action) and flushes. Hmmm. It might even be a fold to the check-shove.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

So you mean check the flop as a form of pot control so I don't have to face a check raise? I think this is a good idea if the opponent is agressive (like this one) but its a bet vs a fish. Turns out he had 75 clubs and flopped the flush lol.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.