PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 - Facing river overbet shove with AK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 - Facing river overbet shove with AK

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05, $0.01 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $7.23 (144.6 bb)
    BTN: $14.70 (294 bb)
    SB: $8.51 (170.2 bb)
    BB: $12.65 (253 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K A
    Hero raises to $0.15, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.50, BB folds, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.09) K 9 A (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.09) 6 (2 players)
    SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($2.49) Q (2 players)
    SB bets $7.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.02

Villain is 4.1% 3bet from the bb (I somehow thought he was 20% from the bb) and is 21/16 with an af of 3.4. I beat aq and missed draws, given I have 2pair with AK I block KK and AA so most likely he has QQ if he has me beat. Thing is shoving a bluff here is pretty crazy.

Why did you check the flop ? I would have made a continuation bet considering the board. With a bet I hope that lower Aces call, chase away hands like 10/QQ/JJ etc. and make it expensive for flush/straight draws to see the turn. It also gives you more information, considering the fact that villain is unlikely to call a bet with hands like 1010/JJ/QQ etc.

On the turn he bets $0.70. Maybe he has AQ and thinks it is good enough to chase you away because you checked the flop. I don't think villain is betting here with 1010/JJ/QQ to be honest, so I'm guessing he has a lower Ace or AA/KK and is hoping to trap you. However, the 6 of diamonds gives you also
    the nut flush draw. I think I'm raising here. If he has a lower Ace he would probably call or fold, while he is probably raising with AA or KK. If he raises, I would call to see the river (considering the small chance that villain has AA or KK and the chance to hit the nutflush).

The riverbet of villain is huge considering the pot. I don't think he is bluffing here, because there is no flush possible and 10J is unlikely (villain is 4% 3-betting from bb). I think he has something like AQ or QQ in this situation. However, I don't exclude 10J, he might have 10 J of diamonds trying to catch the flush on the turn and got lucky on the river. I think he would have value bet AA/KK, so that is also unlikely.

I don't think I could have folded this river. You called, so you know his hand right ?
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Turns out he had KK lol. I dont like to include results until after I get results so I don't have any results oriented opinions :p

Comment

2pr AK oh well CHIPS please

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.