PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 SH - cbet KXX with QQ? 3b pot 3-way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 SH - cbet KXX with QQ? 3b pot 3-way.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05, $0.01 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (SB): $5.07 (101.4 bb) BB: $12.76 (255.2 bb) UTG: $12.82 (256.4 bb) MP: $20.54 (410.8 bb) CO: $14.57 (291.4 bb) BTN: $9.53 (190.6 bb) Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q UTG raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, UTG calls $0.45, MP calls $0.45 Flop: ($1.91) K 8 6 (3 players) Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, 2 folds Results:

$1.91 pot ($0.08 rake) Final Board: K 8 6 Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$0.61 net) UTG showed J J and won $1.83 ($1.22 net) MP mucked and lost (-$0.61 net) [/spoiler] I thought that if I bet I would only get called by KX and sets because it looks really strong continuing multiway after 3betting. Turns out the other guy bet pocket jacks, which is kinda fustrating but I dont want to be results oriented. Was this the right play? Should I call on the flop even though his bet looks really strong? None of these guys have loose stats, I wouldnt expect a straight draw but maybe they will also call with a flush draw but I think thats such a small part of their calling range.

I would cbet. When he just calls your 3bet I think his hand looks more like medium pocket pairs and AQ+ type hands.

When you check it opens you up to getting bluffed. IP I would often, or sometimes, check behind.

Comment

Check-call flop, to give villain a chance to bluff with worse. Check-fold to a turn barrel unless you hit your 2-outer.

When you bet the flop, you'll usually fold out worse hands, but when you check, you'll often get to showdown with the best hand, or be given a pretty good indication that you're beat (when villain barrels). Check-calling costs the same as betting, but gets you closer to realising your showdown equity.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.