PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

Played on a open school league.

With KQ in a league game, I'm going to check and see a free flop. If this was a cash tourney, I'd be making a standard raise preflop.

When the flop misses me, I'm going to check and hope to see a free turn card.

The turn gives me second pair and now the first opp makes an abnormally large bet (a standard bet against 2 opps is 2/3 pot). While I do have a pair, it's only second pair, so I need to fold to the turn bet. Since the pot was limped preflop, A/rag or JT is well within the opp's range and if they do have this, I'm in deep trouble.

When playing league games, I do not want to be calling bets where I don't have the correct odds to be in the hand, which is definitely the case on the flop. I possibly have 5 outs which is worth 10% equity (some could be counterfeited and if the opp has JT, I'm basically drawing dead). Calling a pot-bet is 33% pot equity and since my pot equity is higher than my hand equity... I would expect to lose chips by calling and need to fold.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.