PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK vs limped in opp, straight possibility flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK vs limped in opp, straight possibility flop

Tour: ACOP Stage 1, Level VII (125/250) Hero has KK, in SB, Villain in late position limped in, and called my 3xBB raise Straight possibility flop, How will you act there?
    Last edited by WiCD; Thu Jun 19, 2014, 06:25 PM.

Hi WiCD! Preflop with KK, I need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (1k chips). I don't want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opp the correct odds to be in the pot. On the flop, since I raised pre, I need to make a standard c-bet on the flop of 1/2 pot. Yes, there is a made straight possible, but I have an overpair to the board and I need to price out any draws to a straight. If I check and the opp hits a straight by checking behind, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. If the opp raises, then I can re-evaluate and either call their shove or fold (depending on a read of the opp.. none given, and this information IS critical). Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh, yes, 3-bet flop is much better than the check-raise, and my hand was not good enough to slow play! And also preflop bet.
      Thank you very much for your advice!
      Last edited by WiCD; Thu Jun 19, 2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.