PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR 25NL, AA against

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR 25NL, AA against

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)

Hero (MP1) ($37.69)
    MP2 ($25)
    CO ($47.09)
    Button ($42.55)
    SB ($21.06)
    BB ($25.35)
    UTG ($35.75)
    UTG+1 ($25.82)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
    2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 6, 4, 9 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $3.70, Hero raises to $13, BB raises to $24.60 (All-In),

No history, villain is 21/17 over 35 hands

As played, is there any merit to 3 betting and once he shoves can we get away from it?
    Bracelet Winner

I really dislike 3betting flop. We are really overplaying our hand.

This is an extremely good board for his range. It's also really bad having the As because it takes away a lot of his semi-bluffing combos.

As played, I would flat the flop and reevaluate based on the turn. Obviously we can call any spade turn, but also any board pairing card would be fine to continue on.

Once you have 3b the flop and put $13 in, you probably have to call, but since it's a parlay of your flop mistake i don't think it's worth discussing too much.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
      It's also really bad having the As because it takes away a lot of his semi-bluffing combos. As played, I would flat the flop and reevaluate based on the turn. Obviously we can call any spade turn, but also any board pairing card would be fine to continue on.
      ^^ This umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.