PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6m zoom, Call raise? OTT ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6m zoom, Call raise? OTT ?

BTN: 30/26/12 (vpip/pfr/3bet) over 50 hands CO: 14/10/0 59 hands Both look like regulars to me pre: standaard open Flop: cbetting for sure. I have a great hand, strong enough 3way, and I don't want this go checkcheckcheck and give draws a free turn. check-raise by CO looks strong. He could have a str8, or a bigger set. Overpairs are out of the question, they would have 3bet pre and wouldn't raise on this board, right? Two pairs? Althought it's a strong raise I shouldn't fold my bottom set to a single raise, should I? I have still outs to a boat and unless he has QJ, I could get him of his hand. Should I 3bet? I don't think I can call a 5bet shove so don't 3bet... Turn... only T9,T8, 99 and TT beat me, the rest is dead. Should I just call his bet, or raise to get the money in ?

Why is your sizing so small otf?

I like cbetting/calling the flop as you did. I dislike 3betting.

As played turn would be a horrid spot to shove (so call turn / call river). All we do is give him an opportunity to fold out his worse hands and bluffs.

Comment

What betsize would you use OTF?

Only a 10 on the river would be seriously bad for my hand, so indeed no protection needed ott and call his bet sounds like the perfect plan. Tnx
      Last edited by rkleefstra; Sat Jun 14, 2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Hi rk,

I like something closer to .80c on the flop personally. Reason being it's a multi-way pot and a very dynamic board that interacts well with both their ranges, there will be a number of straight draws, pair+draws, etc. out there to give us action potentially and 6/7/J/Q are action killing turn cards.

I think calling the c/r is better than raising again. I guess we are mis-naming the SB as CO here... those stats given are pretty nitty thus far, so although the sample is very small, I suspect he's c/r less often on a draw hand like JT and his range will be fairly strongly made hand heavy.

Agreed on turn call. He's going to have a half pot bet left on the river so if he doesn't shove it'll mean we're good and we can put him all in expecting to get paid by Tx/QJ
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
          Agreed on turn call. He's going to have a half pot bet left on the river so if he doesn't shove it'll mean we're good and we can put him all in expecting to get paid by Tx/QJ

We are calling if he shoves river, right? (Unless a 10 drops)
          Or are we behind too often when he shoves river?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.