PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KQ flop fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KQ flop fold

Tell me I did it right.. Considering the fact that the blinds were 15/30 and I could play without constraints further, not risking the whole stack.

What kind of tournament was this?

Fold on the flop was correct. Just make a note that villain 4 open overbet shoves flops with top pair and that villain 7 is calling those shoves with draws. That can be useful for later

Comment

This was one of the regular tournaments with something like $1.5K Gtd and $1.10 buy-in.
      Yeah, I took notes but such guys are often kicked out right away at the beginning of a tournament, and they did
      Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Don't be results orientated. Thinking "if I had called that I would have won the pot" is not healthy. You cant focus on one specific hand. over the long term calling in that spot would not make you money.

e.g.

if you call and lose you are losing an 1610 per hand
        if you call and win you are gaining 4045 per hand.

Your approximate equity assuming pairing is good is 24% (its actually less as im including KQ spades here as you didn't know villain was on a flush draw) (also it makes no allowance for you hitting a K on the turn and a villain improving on the river.......so it really is an optimistic assessment.)

over 100 occurances you are winning 24 x 4045 = 97080
        and losing 76 x 1610 = 122360

Overall down 25280 or 252 chips per hand.

So don't think of this as a big pot you missed out on winning. Think of it as 252 chips you saved yourself.

Comment

Preflop, I'm calling and not 3-betting. I have position and a hand that could be dominated, so I don't want to bloat the pot. Plus, since this is early in the tourney, most opps will probably call the 3-bet with anything.

When faced with the flop action... easy fold. I cannot be chasing in pots where I'm priced out (and can have my outs easily counterfeited).

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

etchos, I was not results orientated for no means, that's a pretty fishy psychological approach to the game. I was just thinking whether or not I made a fold right, that's all
            JWK24, yeah, I know that calling was better in that situation but those guys were playing kinda loose and I was thinking that KQ could be pretty good on the flop..
            Thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.