PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM FR, AK 4bet pot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM FR, AK 4bet pot.

Hey Villian is recreational player, as his 3bet sizing pretty much says it. Can we get away from this ?? Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. SB: $8 (80 bb) Hero (BB): $10.31 (103.1 bb) UTG+1: $10.29 (102.9 bb) UTG+2: $9.06 (90.6 bb) MP1: $12.65 (126.5 bb) MP2: $10.55 (105.5 bb) MP3: $14.13 (141.3 bb) CO: $18.35 (183.5 bb) BTN: $10.45 (104.5 bb) Preflop: Hero is BB with A K 5 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, CO folds, SB calls $1.00 Flop: ($3) A Q 2 (2 players) SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises to $4.10, Hero raises to $8.91 and is all-in, SB calls $2.50 and is all-in Turn: ($16.20) T (2 players, 2 are all-in) River: ($16.20) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in) Results:

$16.20 pot ($0.73 rake) Final Board: A Q 2 T Q SB showed A Q and won $15.47 ($7.47 net) Hero showed A K and lost (-$8 net) [/spoiler]

Hi Justin,

Against a rec player whom we have no other read on, I think the answer is yes, we can get away from this. Think about the next best hand after yours, in this case AJ, and think about if the villain would play it this way? I think without reads of wild overplaying aggression, most villains will call the flop with AJ, not raise/get it in. Big draws, like KsJs may not check/raise the flop, and certainly may not play preflop in this manner either.

I would expect us to get shown AQ/QQ/22 the large majority of the time here vs. this action from an unknown rec. So I think bet/folding will serve us much better in the long run than bet/3B shove... at least until we have reads to work with.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.