PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2, K8s river fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2, K8s river fold

I was thinking about his limp preflop, thought hed had some small pocket pair and wanted to see flop cheaply. I don't know nothing about him. On the river I thought that he could've already made a set and didn't raise as a result. Don't know, maybe for good. What do you think? Was it a mistake not to raise with a pair of kings? Thanks.

Hi FunghornR,

preflop

Since you are OOP and want to isolate the limper..charge the villain more to see the flop - make it 10cents.

Flop

cbet the flop as you did. You could either take it down now, or on later streets complete the flush draw.

Turn

I think you could X/C, letting villain lead (if he does) with a weaker holding than your TP. Although by leading yourself you still put pressure on villain and build a pot if you hit your flush on the river.

River

when you don't complete with your flush, and now that villain called your turn bet not scared of the K, X/F. Fishy villains will limp with AK, AJ, KJ, etc preflop, and with overcards they do call flop bets. So I think there are better Kx hands in his range than yours. His bet sizing inidcates to me that he has something worthwhile.

I would like to know what others think, as I am by no means good at analysing these situations.

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by pullin1988; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.