PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

Played on a open school league. just unlucky again right ?

That was very unlucky!

Wow, you hit the best possible Full House on the flop!

This guy slow play is quad, With 3 on the board, you cannot think that he have the Q

Best luck on the next game!
    Spy474

Comment

A couple of observations.

1 with only 14 bb's you don't have much room to play. Its very close to raise or fold territory.

2 having raised and been called I think you have to shove as you only have just over the pot. Betting means that if you are called you get to the turn and only have 3.3k to shove into a 8.4k pot.

It was unlucky but it does feel like the hand was played with no awareness of stack sizes.

Comment

-Shove preflop

-Check back the flop is probably better, most of his range A) doesn't have anything but some (non-high) high cards and B) is drawing dead or near to it. Give him a chance to pair the turn and make a worse full house if he doesn't have a pocket pair.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

do u really think that if i was shoving pre flop or on the flop he would have fold ? i dont

Comment

Originally posted by dduvshani View Post
            do u really think that if i was shoving pre flop or on the flop he would have fold ? i dont
            It doesn't matter whether he would or not. When playing, we want to make the best decision that we can at a given point in time, based on all the information that we have.

In this hand, the best decision that I can make is to shove preflop.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
              It doesn't matter whether he would or not. When playing, we want to make the best decision that we can at a given point in time, based on all the information that we have.

In this hand, the best decision that I can make is to shove preflop.

John (JWK24)
              exatly john, there was already a limp, 1700 in the pot before you act, if you are playing 3x raises you should be adding another bb for the limp so with your stack size its a shove regardless what the villain does.

its just one of those hands.

Comment

I didn't suggest shoving preflop because it will make him fold (although he may fold the bottom of his range, but we don't want him to fold, we want him to call).

With our stack size I think it's better to get the money in pre, and we may draw some looser than normal calls because it's a spot one might be shoving light over a limper to steal.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Where did I go wrong?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=60CDBD578C

Comment

Originally posted by MichealRoman View Post
                    calling pre and calling the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by etchos View Post
                      calling pre and calling the flop.
                      +1umbup: I agree. Easy fold preflop. John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by MichealRoman View Post
                        Where did I go wrong?
                        +2, calling preflop is by far your biggest mistake in this hand.
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.