PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top pair good kicker out of position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top pair good kicker out of position

http://weaktight.com/6764920

opponent is TAG not see him do some crazy stuffs

I just check the river so that if he bets 50% of the pot I'm calling but he ships all in for 86bb

what is the best way to play this hand?

Hi Marvin,

When the river goes check, shove like this I don't expect us to be good nearly often enough (probably never, vs a TAG). Most busted club draws have made a pair (AcX, KcX) and will simply check down rather than blast all in. I just can't see how he gets to the river with a worse hand that would need to bluff. I expect us to be shown AQ+ here. So just fold.

Regarding prior streets, I think our hand plays better for a call pre rather than a 3b, since we dominate a lot of his steal range but are going to be dominated by a much higher % of his 3B continuing range. It's close, we can 3B AQ for value and A4 for a bluff, AJ/AT may play better for a cold call, without more definitive reads than TAG who does nothing crazy.

Also I might check the turn as played... seems hard to get value from worse hands if he's a TAG, this turn card is either beating us or making it super difficult for him to call again when it's not.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pre is reads based for me. It's right on the border.

I agree with turn being a check though.

Comment

ty Coach Langolier and birdayy for the analysis

lessons learned just cold call and I think your right to just check the turn based on nothing will call us 2 barrel with worse hand

AWESOME PSO

Comment

planning yur bet

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
          Hi Marvin,

When the river goes check, shove like this I don't expect us to be good nearly often enough (probably never, vs a TAG). Most busted club draws have made a pair (AcX, KcX) and will simply check down rather than blast all in. I just can't see how he gets to the river with a worse hand that would need to bluff. I expect us to be shown AQ+ here. So just fold.

Regarding prior streets, I think our hand plays better for a call pre rather than a 3b, since we dominate a lot of his steal range but are going to be dominated by a much higher % of his 3B continuing range. It's close, we can 3B AQ for value and A4 for a bluff, AJ/AT may play better for a cold call, without more definitive reads than TAG who does nothing crazy.

Also I might check the turn as played... seems hard to get value from worse hands if he's a TAG, this turn card is either beating us or making it super difficult for him to call again when it's not.

yes.its true but before u call a big pot use yur time and think that are u ready to lose this pot or win it.proper player history is much important and decide it carefully with power.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.