PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

happy getting it in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy getting it in?

BB: 23 hands 21/9/0 Although, the overbet OTF was a little wierd, I would try to get it in all day long. Am I wrong?

Yeah it's fine. It's never really a problem getting bottom set in 100bb deep, especially when villain can't have kings here. So you're up against a probable range of 3 combos that beat you, and also 9 combos of K3, 3 of K2, and flush draws. Could be overplaying a king too.

Ship it
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Gar View Post
      Yeah it's fine. It's never really a problem getting bottom set in 100bb deep, especially when villain can't have kings here. So you're up against a probable range of 3 combos that beat you, and also 9 combos of K3, 3 of K2, and flush draws. Could be overplaying a king too.

Ship it
      Hi rk,

I agree with Paddy. Also 3 combos of 32 (remember villains preflop range is 100%). I think it's crazy bad stack off top pair on the flop in a limped pot 100bb deep, but the chances of crazy bad happening aren't zero%. Regardless, players may overplay 2 pair to "protect their hand", or a big draw (which is a solid dog to our set), so happy enough getting it in here.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well played. Like Paddy says, the number of combos that you crush FAR outweigh the number of combos that crush you. I suppose you could give him one combo of KK he chose to slowplay preflop, but even then there are various two pair or flush draws that might play like this in a limped preflop pot.

I'd actually prefer a raise preflop to isolate the limper, but I don't think limping along is bad either.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.