PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

played on a open school league should i've been betting on the turn and/or river also ?

Preflop, with AK, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 500.

The key to the hand is the flop bet. I want to make a standard bet and with one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot, so this is the bet that I will make.. not more, not less.

When the opp calls the flop bet, then I need to check down the turn/river, as my hand does have showdown value, but may not be the best hand. If the opp would have bet either street, then I need to fold.

Especially in a league game, I do not want to overbet anything. Every chip that I can save will make me last longer and let me accumulate more and more league points.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.