PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

this was played during open school league. should i made a value bet on the river instead of all in ? if so what was the size of the value bet for this pot ?

Hi dduvshani! With AKs, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. The key to this hand is NOT the river, it's the flop. When I flop a flush in a 5-way pot, I cannot check. I need to make a standard value bet. With 4 or more opps in the pot, a standard bet is a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 800. Also, by making this bet, it then becomes an easy play for me to shove the turn and the opps will have so small of a bet to call on the turn, they'll be forced to call into my nut hand. When playing poker, especially online, I do not want to slowplay hands. I want to methodically build a pot and to make sure that the opps are not getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

since there was no way to out draw me here i sensed that it is better to slow play ( i thought that if ill bet pot sized on the flop every one will fold and i would not succeed in getting more chips to the pot.)

Comment

Originally posted by dduvshani View Post
        I thought that if ill bet pot sized on the flop here it will be too obious that i have a strong flush' and every one will fold immidetly.
        the only reason it's a pot bet is due to how many are in the pot.. it's a standard bet that any overpair or As or set would make. it does not have to be a flush, so you can get value from worse.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

not in the open league. anyone with a spade in their hand will likely call.

Also in a multiway pot you may not be given credit for the hand. There a huge amount of players that would lead out on that flop as a bluff.

occassionally its worth slowplaying when you flop the nuts but in such a loose tourny i would always be trying to build a pot

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.