PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

What could my villian have had ?

Hi dduvshani! With the way that the opp bet this hand (very poorly), while they could have an A or 3, they could also have a club draw or a bluff. In a league game, they most likely have a better A or a 3. If this is from a league game, the first key is that AJs is too weak of a hand to be playing from UTG and needs to be mucked preflop. If I saw the flop and the min donk bet, I need to make a standard raise. Bets and raises postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With one opp, if I'm going to raise (which I would), I need to raise by 1/2 pot. On the turn, here is why I don't want to be playing AJs out of position in the first place. When the opp shoves, I am beat by better aces and also 3x. Since I can be beat, in a league game, this is an instant fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.