PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review this hand

this was played during an open school league. i know my first call UTG was kind of loose but considering two 10 where on the board on the flop' did my after flop decisions make sense ??

Hi dduvshani! In any game, league or otherwise, if my hand is not strong enough to raise with in an unopened pot.. I need to fold. Open-limping is a huge leak of chips. In the open league, the only non-paired hand that I want to be opening with from UTG is AK and even AK is a very marginal hand for this scoring system. Anything less needs to be mucked. If I saw the flop (which I would not).. when I flop trips and have someone bet into me, I need to make a standard raise. Bets and raises postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more in the pot, a standard bet is a pot-sized bet... so I need to make a pot-sized raise here. Since a pot-sized raise is all my chips.. I'm shoving! I cannot bet less than this here or I am potentially giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me, so if I call or raise less, it's my own fault if I lose the hand. The key here though is to muck preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I Found Out that if i play as theory tells me, i dont play at all and the blinds are killing me.
      i guess that if i shoved instead of 3 bet he would still call with a full house doesnt he ?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.