PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play money hand analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play money hand analysis

Where has it gone wrong ?

** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Qwenery! The first thing that I notice is that you posted the blinds to start playing immediately. Whenever I'm sitting down to a ring table I always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over to start immediately will be a huge drain to a player's bankroll. When everyone limps, while I'd like to muck this hand preflop, I'll check and hope to see a free flop. If anyone raises, then I'll need to fold. When I flop two pair and it checks to me, I need to make a standard value bet. Postflop bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more opps in the hand, a standard sizing is a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 334. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I absolutely need to avoid. The same thing on the turn, but now with only 2 opps left, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 1178. Once again, I only want to be making standard bets. On the river, with only one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot, but since this is well over 1/3 of my stack (meaning that I'm pot-committed), I'm going to shove the river. Other than the bet sizes, the big key though is to wait for the BB to start playing and not to pay the extra blind to play immediately. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.