PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL 25 +EV or -EV spot pre flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 25 +EV or -EV spot pre flop

PokerStars - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Your opinion about this hand? Not sure if is a good call pre

BTN: $10.37
    SB: $18.38
    Hero (BB): $25.00
    UTG: $27.25
    UTG+1: $12.13
    UTG+2: $35.93
    MP: $25.35 (VPIP: 26.49, PFR: 15.41, 3Bet Preflop: 4.48, Hands: 374)
    MP+1: $35.90
    CO: $29.65 (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:club: 5:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.70, CO raises to $2.01, fold, SB calls $1.91, Hero calls $1.76, MP+1 calls $1.31

Flop: ($8.04, 4 players) 4:spade: 2:diamond: 3:club:
    SB checks, Hero checks, MP+1 checks, CO bets $5.76, fold, Hero calls $5.76, fold

Turn: ($19.56, 2 players) J:diamond:
    Hero checks, CO bets $21.88 and is all-in, Hero calls $17.23 and is all-in

River: ($54.02, 2 players) 7:diamond:
    Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: ($54.02, 2 players) 7:spade:

It's a 50/50 spot pre. Problem here is that you're not closing the action. I would be more incline to call if we were closing the action.

Comment

Without a good read on the CO,this would be a clear fold preflop. As dirt points out, you are not closing the action. Furthermore, you are going to be out of position postflop. You need to be very careful with hands like this not to get valueowned when you flop a pair. If you pair the 5 you will rarely have top pair. If you pair the A, you need to take care not to lose your stack to a villain with a better kicker. Thus, the only good flops are those offering a draw. With draws though, you will typically have to call another bet without a made hand. Since this is a 3b pot, it is going to be expensive to chase.

Note: The CO looks pretty agro, but we only have 7 hands on him. If we were facing a known laggy CO with a high 3b% then I would consider 4betting this hand rather than calling. making a cold 4b will look super strong and usually win the pot preflop. I wouldn't recommend 4b light against an unknown though.

Comment

Dirt why would you cold call closing the action vs an unknown?

I can see a couple of reasons o flat vs a known player who 3bets a ton here and is good enough to put us on a strong range when we flat otherwise it looks pretty spewy to me i would also want to be closing the action and be IP.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.