PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hand from SCOOP High Main Event - $10300 buy in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hand from SCOOP High Main Event - $10300 buy in

I have been watching some tables of the SCOOP main event $10300 buy in and saw this hand happen a few minutes ago. At this point in the tourney there was 42 players left. The tourney paid 81 with 657 total entries just for info. What do you guys think? It just struck me as really odd play by the opening raiser at this point in this particular tourney. I don't know.

Why is this odd? Opening raiser is being squeezed and the cc is shoving due to the fact that they know the blind is squeezing. Pretty standard IMO.

Comment

The opening raisers stack size. Maybe with it being such a slow structure it's ok to open/fold from early position with 16 BBs? The blind levels are 30 minutes.

Comment

Yeah... actually that's pretty odd. Who was it? They should jam anything decent as a open and min open monsters... who knows... This is a 10,300 buy in so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Comment

I wasn't sure if it's cool to say who it was, but after searching him on google I guess it's fine. PokerStars name is 1-ronnyr3, real name Ronny Kaiser. I'm sure that he does know what he's doing, lol. He's a pro with over 700k in tourney winnings, and plays high stakes cash as well. He won an FTOPs event in 2011, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
            They should jam anything decent as a open and min open monsters
            That's the clue. You cant just do that in High Stakes MTT as its far too easy to play against. If generally people think min raises off sub 20bb stacks look scary, should you only min raise monsters? I doubt this kind of thing was unusual across SCOOP Hs.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.