PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL Zoom - 77

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL Zoom - 77

Hi, both villains are unkown. On the turn, after this raise sizing on such a brick turn, it looks only like 9J (which is quite unlikely) or 99,JJ. But can we ever consider folding this turn ? Thanks

Calling this turn is a mistake! Move all in or fold. I would choose all in.

Comment

Easiest shove ever?

Comment

My chips are going in too

Comment

What's the range u assign to the villain ?

Comment

On this turn, you have two reasonable decisions, to shove or fold vs villain's turn raise. There doesn't seem any point in calling the turn bet with villain having a stack of 1/4 pot behind on the river.

This turn sizing is a bit worrying, but our hand is too strong to fold at this stage. Yes villain will sometimes show up with 99/JJ or T8 here, but I think he could also well show up with stuff like JT, J9, 86, even 33 if he's particularly loose and he doesn't have to show up with that crap very often to make it profitable for us to get all in.

Comment

Should we ever be worried about getting set over set when we have bottom set 100BB deep (considering a generic situation, not this one specific) ? Or stacks are too shallow to worry about that ?

Comment

Depends on the board texture, positions etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fp_boss77 View Post
                  Should we ever be worried about getting set over set when we have bottom set 100BB deep (considering a generic situation, not this one specific) ? Or stacks are too shallow to worry about that ?
                  Generally speaking, I'd find it very difficult to fold bottom set 100BB deep. Of course it depends on board texture, what other made hands might beat us, villain type.

It takes a lot more effort to get all in when 200BB deep compared to 100BB so set over set becomes much more of a likely scenario 200BB deep compared to 100BB.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.