PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fullhouse tiebreaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fullhouse tiebreaker

what if you have a higher 2 match over an opponent who has a lower 3 match in a fullhouse? or does the 3 match always win over any 2 match

The higher set counts first
    Then the higher pair counts next

So if the 3-of-a-kind is the same, the pairs are the part that matter.

So if you hold the best set, you win

In a spot where it comes A-A-7-T-Q

If you hold AT or AQ you beat someone who holds 77 or TT

I must admit that watching full houses flip can be a strange scenario to immediately determine who is ahead but just use the BEST 3OAK rule and use BET PAIR as the tie breaker if both share the same SET

So if the hand was A-A-T-Q-7
    Player #1 has AT
    Player #2 has AQ

AQ wins since although they share the same Trips, the pair part is the decider

Were they both to hold AT then its just a chop

EDIT : A spot where this can flip would be

Flop comes A-A-5-T

You hold AK
    Your 1st opponent holds 55
    Your 2nd opponent holds T5

You hold trip As
    Opponent 1 holds Full House 5s over Aces
    Opponent 2 holds Two pair Ts and 5s

If a King comes, you can win with Aces over Kings
    If a Ten comes, Opponent 1 can win with a Full House Tens over 5s
    Last edited by baud2death; Wed May 14, 2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

yes the full house is a cloudy hand i would imagine alot of people lose money not seeing it. Can you explain this one. if i have k5 and my opponent has 88 and the board is 222k8 who wins that one? i only have two kings, he has three 8s

i swear i won a play like this, not sure if i saw it correctly since its 88822 compared to 222kk

Comment

The winning hand is (as always) the best 5-card hand, whether it's a full house or ace high. In your second example, 88822 would beat 222KK, so you probably misread the board.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.