PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJo / fold on the flop ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJo / fold on the flop ?

Hi, Here is a hand I played recently in 0.01/0.02
    Double Bracelet Winner

I think you played the hand fine.

The villain is so short that we have to go with our hand after flopping TPTK. Only thing I would do differently is to just shove over his donk bet expecting him to have a wide range of hand values that he will call with including weaker top pair and even second pair hands a decent amount of the time.

Comment

I think you played it fine.
      With so little behind from our opponent, I might prefer flatting the flop since we aren't going to have a problem getting it in by the river and if he is betting KJ,QJ,Jx, a re-raise here might scare him off but if we flat, we give him the opportunity to shove the turn. With so little behind from my opponent I am never folding TPTK in this spot. If we are wrong we lose the minimum to a spot where we are likely ahead to so much of our opponents range.

Since his stack is the effective stack, you were both playing 32BB and top pair becomes a powerhouse at that depth.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
        shove over his donk bet
        +1

He'll have a set sometimes, but I'm not folding TPTK with the SPR so low. The whole point of raising AJ pre-flop vs a shorty is get stacks in when you make a pair.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah SPR is everything here. When I see that flop with TPTK and the SPR, I'm never folding. Simple as. WP
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.