PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL zoom cash spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL zoom cash spot

Hi guys,

I see this particular spot in zoom a fair bit, and was wondering how best to play these type of hands in my situation in order to lose the minimum.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...611_2EF661AB20

This is a reg on the button so he could be raising with a wide range. In these type of situations I'm either up against bigger overpairs or AK/AQ type hands.

Not much you can do here other than check call atw. However, once you call OTT you're going to be committed so this is where you need to decide to shove or fold.

Just a cooler IMO.

Comment

Theese spots are pretty villain dependend of course, vs a decently aggressive reg I would 4 bet to 7 bucks and call his shove. He should have a wider 3bet value range here since he should put you on a pretty wide "isolating the UTG-limper" range.

Comment

Hey skoolbuly, I would consider 4bet/gii here. I'm just not too fond of playing OOP without initiative, also our hand is on the higher end of our hand range. Calling is not too bad either, but I really want to base my decision on the information I have on the villain, if we are calling with QQ/JJ here then maybe its a good idea to throw in some AA every once in a while. What I'm saying is that my standard line would be to 4bet/gii. As played, I don't like the turn raise and I don't totally agree with dirt eh about calling down. Sometimes we can fold the turn. We have to think about how villain perceives our hand. We call a 3bet and x/c flop OOP. Most of our AA/KK, AK would be 4betting so our hand look like what it is TT/JJ/QQ. So why does he bet the turn again? Will he bet this turn with any bluffs or hands worse than QQ-TT that actually 3bet preflop and not call?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.