PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl 6max zoom, best line for river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl 6max zoom, best line for river?

Not too much info on Villain, 50/14/2.0 agg through 14 hands, playing 1 table. Has c/folded 3 flops out of 3 so far. Never gone to showdown. I figure he's checking the flop with some one pair hands hands, possibly with a draw and some flush draws too. Maybe even weak jack x? j10 is possible, i think 109 likely, 78 maybe. Turn is standard, and i think his calling range is in line w flop checking range here. Is bet/folding the river better? I thought about it, but two pair seems unlikely. I guess he'll check back the hands we're ahead of and only bet with ten x/flushes. So i decided on check/fold. Also he bets all his two pair hands on the flop, so it's less likely he's value betting worse on the river imo.
    Bracelet Winner

I love your play here.. I hope i would have the discipline to give up a set there

There is far too much wetness here.. it is dripping!
    You had a solid plan, flop a set or get out. I hope you are check/folding to any action on the flop.

Your set comes in and since you bet at that point, it doesn't take a genius to figure that the 6 helped you. Had you been further to the button it might have looked like a position steal raise but you can only have a few hands here, a set of 6s, two pair, or T8 - a set is so much more likely.

At this point, you are only beat by a better set or T8. Both quite unlikely.
    The second the 8 hits, you are now beaten by ANY 2 clubs or ANY ten..

You invested little in the pot, you got away without much heartache and you folded in a spot where your hand didn't improve but your opponents quite likely did.

well played

Comment

Is bet/folding the river better? I thought about it, but two pair seems unlikely. I guess he'll check back the hands we're ahead of and only bet with ten x/flushes. So i decided on check/fold.
      Excellent imo. I do not think I have much to add here. This is a very clear way to think about the situation in my opinion.

Preflop we certainly should be happy to call a 2.5X raise size with people calling behind. I dont think there is any other feasible option.

Flop we certainly do not have any other options, we have nadda in a multiway pot on a wet board. Easy check-fold spot.

On the turn we can definitely bet out for value. We have a lot of reason to not want to see another card and there are a lot of worse hands that can call.

We get one of the worst river cards to value bet. Both because it will weaken his worse range considerably, and make a real number of his previously worse hands better than yours.

So if we cant bet for value (and not bluff) then we must check. After checking I think villain is checking worse and betting better. Poker is easy so far!
      Last edited by GarethC23; Wed May 07, 2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

cheers Gareth, appreciate the input!
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.