PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 - facing check-raise with a set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 - facing check-raise with a set.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $26.62 (266.2 bb) SB: $24.81 (248.1 bb) BB: $14.02 (140.2 bb) UTG: $12.68 (126.8 bb) Hero (MP): $10.75 (107.5 bb) CO: $41.93 (419.3 bb) Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 9 UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30 Flop: ($1.37) 9 6 J (3 players) BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $2.40, UTG folds, Hero raises to $10.33 and is all-in, BB folds Results:

$6.17 pot ($0.28 rake) Final Board: 9 6 J BB mucked and lost (-$2.82 net) UTG mucked and lost (-$0.42 net) Hero mucked 9 9 and won $5.89 ($3.07 net) [/spoiler] Villain is fish 50/24/8.3 AF of 5, fold to cbet 43%.I think on this board texture I should flat and let him bet weaker hands on turn like JX and 78. Because the board isnt that drawy I think maybe my shove loses my value from weaker hands that fold, Im not sure how wide he will call me but I think he can fold top pair.

I think you can just utilise your position here and just call this check/raise and look to get all in on any turn card.

The villain seems like a bit of an aggro fish due to his loose preflop numbers and very high AF, so my strategy vs this guy is to make a hand and allow him to make his favourite mistake of being too aggressive and betting too much. Whether he's running some elaborate bluff or overplaying top pair, he'll likely continue betting on the turn and we can then make sure we get all in.

Comment

agree with the above.
      You have 2 more streets to extract value and you have position. If he doesn't lead on the turn, he wouldn't have called your all-in.

You have the opportunity to play weak calling fish here, if your opponent doesnt buy the act then depending on your read you can either bet the turn or check to the river and give him another street to bluff.

I don't see you getting more than one street of value from this type of opponent unless he had a big hand and if thats the case then he is going to be betting the turn.

No matter the specifics, you lost value here by not flatting because you had at least 1 more bet from him if he is bluffing and if not, you have 2 streets to fight for the pot and get it all in.

Comment

He's not raisng that much on an oesd. Maybe a min raise on the flop would have induced more action.Many misinterpret a min raise as a donk move. With his aggression i think he would have pushed back . Your shove gave him no room to be aggressive
        Calling is perhaps optimal but passive play has got me into a lot of trouble .

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.