PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big $8.80. 3rd hand.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big $8.80. 3rd hand.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...360_5F808D6736

no reads on the guy as it was the 3rd hand.

** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussion **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What exactly do you want to know? I would also dont mind getting it in preflop with your stack size, but you played it very well, only got unlucky. Nice hand! umbup:

Comment

Not sure what you want to know other than opinions on the hand
        1) preflop raise was too much, 2.5x here max. I typically go 3x until i hit 25/50, then 2.5x until antes then 2.1x
        2) I would not have flatted the 3bet, would have got 4-bet it back and got it all in on the preflop
        3) The weird bet on the flop is strange. He appears not to want to play for a big pot, you seemed happy to call, I assume on the same idea.
        4) When the turn came, you decided to play back at him and that is cool, no reason to play for a small pot anymore, just unlucky with the river

So the take-aways for this I would say are
        1) Don't make the preflop too big, you WANT people to call you and x3 from UTG is more likely to get folds than a call, you got lucky here that your opponent wanted to play
        2) Have a plan for the flop, don't just flat the 3-bet and figure it out when you get to the flop. I personally only like a flat here on the preflop if you were going to re-raise/jam any flop action.. regardless of cards.
        3) Have a plan for your raise - did you plan to flat if you got re-raised? did you know what you would do?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.