PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ utg vs BB 3bet pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ utg vs BB 3bet pot

Villain unknown Best way to play this?

Pre-flop is standard. I don't think you can ever raise post-flop, or bet for value, so I like your line. If villain had better bigger on the turn, I'd consider folding, but at that price I think you have to call. He's unlikely to fire 2 streets with overs on a 4-card rainbow (unless you have a read that he does that with AK), and the only made hands you're beating are TT and the somewhat unlikely A8s. If he bets the river, it's a fold. As played, checking back is good, because I don't think a typical 5NL player is folding QQ+ if you turn your hand into a bluff.
    Well played, imo.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Something important to remember here is that if villain fires the river it's a clear fold.

3betting an utg open and firing 3streets on a low board means we are beat almost always. If you have some info on the villain it might be a fold ott also. Wp though, would have done the same.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

right way to play

holding jj on utg position with lots of players waiting for u is hard to raise why?u can call by pocket kk aa qq or the regular ak aq with a donkey caller garbage hands .in that u are ready to gamble yur play now!and saying luck common?best way u can do is just simple bet.and try to analyses playrs bet.now kk moves a bet like 3bet blinds.now u can see yur jj has weaken.if can fold jj like i do u can cath him soon or try yur decision if u like .but what is important is playing with skill not trying to gamble.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.