PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 - check raised on turn wtih AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 - check raised on turn wtih AA

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. SB: $15.41 (154.1 bb) BB: $10 (100 bb) UTG: $23.94 (239.4 bb) MP: $38.46 (384.6 bb) CO: $16.59 (165.9 bb) Hero (BTN): $10.08 (100.8 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K UTG raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.50 Flop: ($1.67) 2 Q 9 (2 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1 Turn: ($3.67) 5 (2 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $2.70, UTG raises to $7.10, Hero raises to $8.36 and is all-in, UTG calls $1.26 River: ($20.39) J (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$20.39 pot ($0.92 rake) Final Board: 2 Q 9 5 J UTG showed 5 5 and won $19.47 ($9.39 net) Hero showed K K and lost (-$10.08 net) [/spoiler] villain 44/18/10 fold to cbet 20% over 100 hands. Not sure what to make of the c/r on the turn but against this guy I dont think I can fold... maybe he could have some queen or draw? And yeah I got KK not AA did the title wrong lol

Hi pocket,

I think this is just a fold tbh. The guy is loose but somewhat passive, we've shown massive strength at every opportunity, and he's check-raising the turn which really looks like a set. Seems like a Baluga theorem spot.

I think when you say he can have some queen or draw, you're putting him on hands you can beat. I would guess a Q would raise on the flop, if it were going to raise, but in the hands of a this guy he's probably check/calling down a Q. A draw has 2 problems... one that it probably raises the flop if he's going to play it aggressively, not the turn, and the other is that we block a number of the draws by holding the Ks. I would expect to get shown QQ, 99, or Q9 a ton in this spot. (Edit: or 55 lol, same thing though at the point he check/raises).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.