PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A10suited against very loose villian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10suited against very loose villian

the villian were very loose , played all past hands and had fishy stats, despite that i think my play was not optimal. My doubts are, what to do with that flop? if i raise i will make him fold all worse hands and i have pretty decent equity against his opening range. and in the turn? was best bet/fold the turn? im pretty sure that even against a very loose villian im not in good shape after raised in the turn and my draw isnt so strong, but want your feedback.

xxx moved xxx

Comment

i think its a mistake to be stacking here on the turn with only 1 card to come... your equity will not be that great, and you will always be getting called by hands that beat you... any aggression should of been applied on the flop imo.....

Comment

When villain barrels the turn, he's usually strong (AK-J, sets and straights), so you're probably behind, but you have a ton of equity ("so many outs"). You could just call the turn and see if you improve. The problem with raising is that villain will fold all the hands you beat (i.e. his bluffs) and cram it in with his monsters.
        Raising the flop is also an option, but I tend to prefer calling to keep worse hands in the pot. Most of villain's range is virtually drawing dead if it's not already beating you, so it's kind of hard to get "value" from worse if you raise the flop.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.