PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flop

Two screw ups. I didn't take the limper into account on my preflop raise. That is probably the root cause of what killed me as a 3.5x bet instead of 2.5x might have made him fold. Then as soon as I bet on the flop I thought maybe I should have just checked at this point but I read his flop check and then turn check as missing the flop... Played well up until this point. 46 out of 157 in the premier qualifier. Getting smarter playing TAG and with a system to follow but eons of space for improvement...as this hand shows I promise I won't be posting hands every day like recently
    Last edited by Pep68; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 11:34 PM.

Hi Pep68! With KK and a limper in front of me, I need to make a standard raise preflop, which is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so I need to raise to 700. I don't want to raise to smaller than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. HOWEVER, this bet is very close to pot-committing me (putting 1/3 of my remaining chips into the pot). If I make a pot-committing bet, I cannot fold later in the hand. Due to this.. I'm shoving preflop. If for some reason I did see the flop, I need to shove the flop. A standard bet here definitely pot-commits me, so my chips need to go into the middle. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.