PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - facing reraise mutiway with mid set, drawy board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - facing reraise mutiway with mid set, drawy board

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. SB: $41.06 (410.6 bb) BB: $24.92 (249.2 bb) UTG: $44.77 (447.7 bb) MP: $31.57 (315.7 bb) CO: $25 (250 bb) Hero (BTN): $11.46 (114.6 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 8 UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30 Flop: ($1.47) 7 8 9 (3 players) UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1, MP raises to $3.80, Hero raises to $11.04, UTG folds, MP calls $7.24 Turn: ($24.55) T (2 players) River: ($24.55) 2 (2 players) Results:

$24.55 pot ($1.10 rake) Final Board: 7 8 9 T 2 UTG mucked and lost (-$1.42 net) MP showed 3 J and won $23.45 ($11.99 net) Hero showed 8 8 and lost (-$11.46 net) [/spoiler] Villain is 38/12 and AF of 1.5 over 311 hands and no read. His raise looked super strong I thought a lot of draws would flat here so I think he probably has mainly overcards, sets, some top pair and I guess he could have some draws. I decide to just shove as there are so many ugly turn cards for me.

Hi pockettones,

I think when you say that you decide to shove because there are many ugly cards for you then we know that our decision has to be made OTF. Either fold or shove. I think here against a weak opponent with a limp call means they could have bottom set, all two pair combos, Pair + draws, etc. But I don't think we will see overcards like you said because most TT+ would either raise or limp/raise. A good exercise would be to plug hands on pokerstove and see how our hand fairs and do pot odds calculation and compare number of combos of made flushes against other hands. Even against a made flush we still have outs to improve. But yes I think we can shove here. Just do some range analysis exercise for comfort

Looking forward to see your analysis here

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.