PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket 9s reraise then flop over cards to my pocket 9s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket 9s reraise then flop over cards to my pocket 9s

Prelim note, this table played loosely. So I'm in position with pocket 9s. UTG raises to 2B. Which to me doesn't signal strength (especially from this player since he played passive). So i rerasied to 4B because I didn't necessarily want to scare UTG away just let him know that I had better cards than him. The BB calls as does UTG. Flop is 4, 10, 8. Both the BB and UTG check to me. Now, I'm a little nervous because of the 10 on the board so I decide to bet big (80% of the pot). It was enough for them to fold and me to take a decent pot. My questions are, did I play it smart or recklessly with my pocket 9s? Also, how else could one play pocket pairs with an over card on the board?

I prefer calling pre and seeing a cheap flop. If you decide to 3-bet (re-raise) then you should make it bigger, in order to put more pressure on your opponent. He's not going to fold to your minraise very often, you're not dissuading cold calls (the BB is priced in too) and you're going to see at least one overcard on the flop about 70% of the time.
    As played, the c-bet is fine. Villains will usually fold any unpaired hands (plus underpairs) on this flop, apart from straight draws like J9. If you get called, just give up and check back in position on the turn unless you improve.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.