PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 6max river TPTK C or F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 6max river TPTK C or F

V 5 hands, first hand he plays

Q: OTR fold or call?

I think I should fold; only value hands I might sometimes win is KQ,QQ. However, I'm quite high on my range, so it feels there is quite much pressure to call.

Button ($10.25)
    SB ($12.26)
    BB ($11.06)
    Hero (UTG) ($19.15)
    MP ($10.97)
    CO ($24.92)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
    Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 10, 10, K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.35) 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.35) 7 (2 players)
    BB bets $1.29
    Last edited by braveslice; Sat Apr 26, 2014, 12:26 AM.

With TPTK (Especially AK) I think I am usually just going to bet/bet/bet IP.

When we check the turn it allows him to lead river and we are left wondering what to do. He just called from the BB. Most likely pocket pairs, suited connectors or broadways. Some of what he called flop with will be heart draws but he shouldn't be going crazy on a paired board.

So, for me, bet turn and bet/fold river. As played, we have kind of underrepped our hand I think, and his sizing suggests either looking to make up for lost value or to discourage a call. I think I probably make the call and take a note on what he shows down with.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
      I think I probably make the call and take a note on what he shows down with.
      Yeah, the need to call feels compelling, I spend all time in the bank to come to my conclusion.

I'm not sure what kind of note I should do? (River, bet pot for value/bluff.) <- Is this good?
      Last edited by braveslice; Sat Apr 26, 2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I agree with bhoylegend, once we check turn it leaves his potential range for the river to be a little wider and he could be betting a lot of worse hands just because our turnplay was perceived as weak.

Against unknonws I'd also bet turn here, get value from FDs/straightdraws and worse Kx and re-evaluate with initiative on the river.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.